Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hello Joey T

I've posted a fair few waterlilies over the years here: blue ones, red ones, giant ones and small ones.This one is special. This one is mine. Say hello to Joey Tomocik.

joeyt

Joey Tomocik is a hybrid produced by the American waterlily maestro Kirk Strawn. I fell in love with it and many more of his works thanks to a series of galleries produced by the grower James Knock.  Joey T should get better and better as it gets bigger and will hold its flowers above the water beautifully. I'm so pleased with the way it has grown and flowered that I just found myself unpacking and planting out this little lot.....

IMG_1819

Hidden amongst all that packing are Barbara Dobbins, Innerlight, Colorado and Sunny Pink. Some of them have buds on already. I'm looking forward to this.

No comments: