Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hail to the Silver King

I took this shot of one of the school of tarpon that hangs out at one of my favourite dive spots on sunday. After a little photoshop to rectify some blue cast it left the fish with a rather sensational halo - its not accurate but I think a worthy show of respect for the silver king.



Tarpon



Anglers love tarpon and having caught my first one a month ago I quite understand why. As they are able to breathe air directly (which is also why they can inhabit disgusting lakes) they don't tire like a normal fish. It took an hour of back breaking, breath taking work to land the fish. After a quick photo the fish swam off as happy as larry, meanwhile I was left looking feeble and out of breath for 20 minutes or so and had a bad back for the next 2 days!

No comments: