Thursday, May 17, 2012

pool gone native.....

 As is my style, I've planted the pool not only with ornamental pond plants but with ornamental improvements on native species.

The first three shots below are differing looks at one of my Iris pseudoacorus. This species is commonly called the yellow flag and grows wild in a few places here. It is usually bright yellow but I've selected a few plants of this cultivar "ivory" which is rather more subtle.

DSCF8414

DSCF8417

DSCF8416

I have a few other cultivars of this species but the local mallards keep standing on them. What are ya gonna do? Below are the remnants on one of my king cup (Caltha palustris) cultivars. I think this might be Auengold but I honestly don't know any more.

DSCF8419

Meanwhile the lilies are just starting to wake up.....

No comments: