- Giant anteaters across the Savannah
- River dolphins and sundowners on the Orinoco
- Chilling with a beverage in the Signature Lounge of the John Hancock Tower in Chicago, looking out to enjoy the view and spotting a peregrine at eye level which suddenly went into a full stoop dive allowing us a unique perspective on the fastest bird in the world.
- Great views of the biggest lizard in the Americas from the lap of luxury on Guana Island
- Self-found Burmese Python (and its great supporting cast)!
- My last dive in the Caribbean; sharks, sting rays, turtles and then, in the last 30 seconds of the dive, the biggest eagle ray I have ever seen.
- Watching the distinctive twin dorsal fins of a big female lemon shark break the surface downwater from our chum trail in the Florida keys.
- My first tapir sighting, Venezuela.
- Riding an interisland ferry and seeing the huge head of a leatherback turtle slide underwater off the starboard bow, Virgin Islands.
Monday, December 28, 2009
10 of the best from 2009
Its reached that time of year again where I list the 10 best nature moments of the past year for me. A few of these haven't featured on the blog yet but will and a few haven't and won't as they weren't really photo opportunities but they were favourites: