Thursday, April 02, 2009

'Guana headbob

In the immortal words of Dr. Dre (who by the way I suspect is not an MD)"I know you're bobbing your heads". Or at least I know Cyclura iguanas somewhere will be bobbing their heads - its kind of a big thing for them - the way they communicate in territorial disputes and seduction attempts. Here's a video of a Stout Iguana telling me the iguana equivalent of "get off my lawn".





As an example of how tame these guys are in a predator free environment this was shot, beer in hand off the balcony of the cottage we rented on Guana - this guy ambled right up and gave us the display right at our room.

BTW that three whistle note you hear in there isn't a strange bird - its something I use occasionally as a variant on pishing. I was gonna post this yesterday but I didn't want anyone to think it was a broken animatronic iguana twitching for april foolery.

No comments: