So here's a little video I spliced together using entirely video my beautiful fiancee shot in Guadelupe with her Olympus 1030sw digicam. I can't tell you how impressed I am with the footage she got from it in Guadelupe considering its size. Bear in mind I had to compress it somewhat for the upload.
Things to note whilst watching include:
1) Check out the ability of a big shark to fade into nothing with a little distance in the water. Scary huh? Also the slow methodical passes I talked about.
2) Note the shark facing the cage at around the 1:45-1:55 mark. That is how things like this (which happened on our boat the previous year) happen - it's not aggression it's simply a matter of having no reverse gear and weighing 2 tons.
3) Even if you don't watch the whole thing check out my hilarious (in my opinion at least) gag at the very end. Its a pune or play on words you see.
4) Blue Oyster Cult rules.
5) I don't know how to put the umlaucht on the O of Blue Oyster Cult.
6) I don't know how to spell umlaucht.
Semi-related but of interest link: whilst looking for the cage-wrecking story I found this huge thresher pic! An awesome shark (though sad to see it like that). Hard to think it gets to that size but starts off as small as the baby (which was returned safely) at the very bottom of this page.