Friday, May 16, 2008

Lawnmower

So I mentioned yesterday that in addition to the small green turtle I found something else out on the seagrass plain. This is the very prettily marked green turtle I've posted before. She's very relaxed with divers.


greeny3

Relaxed turtles become very relaxed turtles when they're eating turtle grass - they seem very focused when eating this stuff and tend not to be easily distracted or spooked. So I got down in the dirt and crawled my way closer..

greeny6

Until I was close enough to see the distinctly unimpressed look on her face. I don't think she likes it when people watch her eat! Check out that expression:

greeny5

7 comments:

Esther Montgomery said...

These are wonderful, wonderful photos.

Found you through Blotanical.

Glad you're not sticking exclusively to flowers!

Esther Montgomery
ESTHER IN THE GARDEN

Anonymous said...

Hi - found you through blotanical too - LOVE the turtle pics!

~plantgirl of
http://squarefootgardenblog.com

Esther Montgomery said...

Sorry - it's me again - but I keep coming back to look at more of your photos - and to show people the turtle (especially the very closest up one).

Anyway - I'd like to ask where you are - this isn't the UK - it isn't Ireland (!) - where is it?

Esther

tai haku said...

Thanks for the comments guys!

Esther - I'm glad you liked these photos. They were taken in the caribbean which is where I live right now. I've just got back from a trip to the UK/Ireland which is why there is so many photos from there recently (after a trip there is generally a slew of photos from that location).

As an aside though Turtles do regularly visit the UK and Ireland, in fact the same leatherbacks that are currently nesting here on our island will, after laying their eggs, most likely travel across with the gulf stream towards Europe and back again.

If you're a fan of turtles you'll find quite a few here from every ocean.

chey said...

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful!!! What an amazing expression you've captured. Well done, and thanks for sharing!

garden girl said...

Wonderful photos. You have a great blog. Thanks for commenting on mine, especially since it led me to yours!

Unknown said...

Tai, As usual fantastic pictures! Love the turtle pictures! The tree histories are interesting too.