Friday, September 21, 2007

Newsroom

I've kind of let the weekly 5 science posts thing drift but I wanted to share with you a few really interesting articles that I've been pondering of late.

New life in Chicago details wild developments in the East Chicago Sanitary District Wastewater Treatment Plant...things are a lot more promising than that suggests.

The missing lynx provides an insight into the threats facing and dedicated helpers protecting the world's most endangered big cat; the iberian lynx.

I stand up next to a mountain - Giraffe meets Quetzalcoatlus; if ever an image defined the usefulness of good, imaginative scientific illustration this is it.....with a Hendrix referencing title!

An old Nature magazine article has been occupying my thoughts a lot of late. Read about Pleistocene Re-wilding, possibly the most ambitious conservation concept ever.

No trouble with truffles courtesy of the Daily Telegraph.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the links!