Monday, August 13, 2007

and there will be sharks, beautiful sharks

Although I wasn't planning on my last trip being particularly sharky, to my surprise I came back with some interesting photos of species I haven't put up here before. Here's the first and, perhaps, least interesting of them. This is the atlantic nurse shark and its one of the most commonly photographed sharks and one frequently seen by beginner divers (especially in Florida and the Caribbean). In spite of this its become one of my bogey species; for some reason I rarely see them and when I do they are usually moving at high speed in spite of being a sedentary species.

nurse

This one took off as soon as it saw us but as it passed I got a couple of shots off and I must say I kind of like the starkness of this one.

No comments: