Thursday, May 07, 2009

Some cuteness

So after that ant, I thought we needed something a little cuter. These are Orinoco Geese. That's mum or dad at the front and dad or mum at the back with the kids lined up in between,

orinoco geese3

I think this may end up as one of the banners at the top of the page as I really like it. I'm told these guys are always very very protective. i'm also told its not unusual to see goslings disappearing at regular intervals as crocs, caiman, snakes and perhaps even pirranha knock them off. These guys look to be doing pretty well.

orinoco geese

These guys are doing even better - their goslings are older and more numerous. They were also rather neat but unfortunately I only took pictures on the day they were wet and bedraggled after the rain.

1 comment:

jason said...

The geese are beautiful. I love their colors and patterns.

That first image tells quite the tale. Definitely worth sharing in the header.