Sunday, April 01, 2012

An April Update

Wow. I went a whole month without posting. Oops. Sorry about that. I had my reasons. They were awesome, had big teeth and lived in a place with the most fabulous local cuisine. There will be more about them down the line.

In the meantime, since I was too disorganised to produce a hilarious april fool like last year, here's a little chilli update for April 1.
This monster is Pimente de Neyde, Brazil's puple chinense. It overwintered spectacularly and has formed a huge bush.
DSCF8262

Bigger still is the pubescens "Turbo Pube" I overwintered. This is a bit of a viney species so it's now on to
canes to hold it up and above eye level. Note the wine bottle for scale.
DSCF8261

It's also covered in purple flowers and tiny young pods...
DSCF8263

Meanwhile my scotch bonnet is growing a big pod already...
DSCF8264


As for this year, here's a close-up of this year's babies....
This year's babies
FC - if you look closely at the above you may recognise the plant in the middle of the front row....

amd here are this year's plants and last together. What a difference  a day makes....
DSCF8271

No comments: