Thursday, September 08, 2011

Food in Jars Part 1

I recently discovered the excellent Food in Jars blog. It has inspired me to share some of my own "food in jars" with you. It did not start in jars however. It started in frames...

4 frames

I took 4 of them this year. The girls were rather productive for their first year all things considered. The shot below is my favourite - a perfect wall of wax and sweetness.

Perfect

Up close it shimmers with sweetness and hints at the sticky deliciousness inside.

capped honey

A few hours of (surprisingly hard) work later and my harvest was in stashable form - in jars........

the stash

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Your honey is absolutely gorgeous! So glad to hear you're enjoying the blog!

Jeanette said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. This honey looks great--isn't it so pretty with the sun shining through it?!